New Look and its practitioners offer state-of-the-art technology and expert procedural care, but there are still things you can do as a patient to make sure your treatments yields the best results with every treatment.
Prepare for Laser Tattoo Removal
- Wear comfortable clothing to your appointment. Make sure the clothes do not rub treatment area because the skin around the area could be sensitive for a few days after treatment.
- Do not have a sunburn in the treatment area as the procedure is best done with natural skin.
- Make sure the treated area is clean before treatment as dirt, oil, or grime could take away from the success of the treatment. Consider shaving excess hair in the treatment area to make the treatment process easier.
- Do not have plans that involve swimming, hot tubbing, intense water sport for 3-4 days after the removal treatment. Soaking the treated area could encourage infection and best left avoided.
- Have the proper bandages and healing ointments available at home. Protecting the tattooed area for a few days after treatment is ideal. Non-stick bandages and healing ointments such as Neosporin or Aquaphor allow for proper healing and an ideal removal environment each day.
Prepare for Laser Nail Therapy
Toenail fungus treatment is extremely effective when proper aftercare is followed. Though the treatment will kill existing fungus in and around the nail, extra precaution must be taken in your daily life to ensure there is not reinfection.
Some steps to take before your laser nail therapy treatment include:
- Clipping nails as short as they can comfortable be. This will allow New Look to more intensively treat the existing areas of fungal infection.
- Scrub your feet (or hands) clean before laser treatment to rid the area of any excess skin or germs that may be harboring fungus.
- Thoroughly remove any nail polish on the nails before treatment as the laser energy is more powerful when penetrating an unobstructed nail, allowing for a more powerful treatment. Clear nail polish should also be removed to ensure best results.
- Wearing sandals to treatment is ideal, but if you must wear shoes, bring new socks! Wearing new socks after your appointment will keep you nails in a fungus free environment longer. Placing a treated foot into old, infected socks often negates the treatment.
In addition to properly preparing for treatment, what is done after the treatment is equally as important. Follow New Look’s laser nail therapy aftercare instructions for the best results possible.
Prepare for Exilis Skin Tightening & Body Slimming
Exilis is a no downtime procedure so the preparation is as simple as the aftercare!
- Wear loose clothing so the treatment area is not irritated by clothing after the treatment.
- Do not wear makeup or jewelry to your treatment session—makeup can hinder the Exilis’ effectiveness and jewelry can get in the way of the procedure.
- Shave hair in the treatment area one day before the treatment.
- You cannot have Exilis treatment if you are pregnant, lactating, or have a pacemaker.
- Do not have an active skin disease or sunburn in the treatment area during time of treatment.